Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NAS



Discography:

Illmatic - 10/10
It Was Written - 8.5/10
I Am - 8/10
Nastradamus - 6/10
Stillmatic - 9/10
God's Son - 8/10
Lost Tapes - 8.5/10
Streets Disciple - 7.5/10
Hip Hop Is Dead - 6.5/10
Untitled - 8/10

Brief Overview:

One of my favorite rappers of all-time, Nas dropped jaws after first emerging on the scene as a young buck from Queensbridge with near flawless flow and razor-sharp lyrics to match. His debut is a strong candidate for the greatest rap album of all-time, earning my perfect 10 score. Other than a few mis-steps (notably Nastradamus and Hip Hop is Dead) his discography is very solid and required listening for any serious rap fan. 

3 comments:

  1. Illmatic has to be my favorite album of all time. Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id like to know how you graded these albums if you dont mind me askin

    ReplyDelete
  3. based completely on the quality of the music

    ReplyDelete